Old 01-01-2015, 12:50 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

We enjoyed our black eyed peas, baby spinach greens wilted, and thin sliced ham for lunch today.

Watched the parade, cheered when Midland HS, TX, marched by, staying in step and playing a delightful song.

Made enough four piece blocks to do another two rows...6 out of 11 rows done now.

Yes, Ok, I do remember all the work of raising fryers, and freezing or canning the numerous birds. Oldest daughter helped clean as we did 25 each day and swore she would never raise a chicken to process! We are still in the planning stages of it by committee, so progress to agree will be slower than molasses in the winter! LOL! I have this feeling that the $$$ it will cost per bird will veto the idea in the end. And the order I will be ordering will be all laying hens. Not that they are profitable, but its nice having fresh eggs daily. (in the fall and spring and summer) Again, I may cut back to three or four hens in my Hen Pen. DH has said 'No goats!' so there goes that idea.

Saving my fun money to spend at the Hickory Park in Ames,Iowa, for everyone and not for fabric this month. And thinking it might be great to use my 1930 reproduction fabric in the upcoming Farmer's Wife Quilt in May since I am not making the DJ quilt. Something to consider doing without buying any more fabric.

Very happy to hear you are feeling better, Honchey. Just don't be in a rush to do any foot racing yet.