View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 07:42 PM
sharin'Sharon

I'm with the savers. Anything less than fat quarters gets measured, folded and marked (using address labels) and sorted by color with the rest of the fabric (keeping all the colors in one place). I don't cut into certain size pieces or strips cuz I don't know what I may use the piece for in the future; however when I'm cutting out my quilts and have small pieces or strips, I do cut them into the biggest size I can. I have those drawer totes that are used for screws and etc. and have the drawer fronts marked those certain size (squares) & certain size (strips) from one inch to 3". All triangles cut from Flying Geese and etc. are kept in my Schwan's ice cream tins. Any selvage, narrow strip or piece less than an inch goes in a bag with my 'squaring up' cuts. I don't make pet bags; I use those scraps for pillow stuffing for the grandkids throw pillows. Like the rest of you, I get my monies worth out of my fabric scraps, even if I haven't ever made a scrap quilt yet, I sure hope to do so, SOME DAY!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL.