View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 08:24 PM
Jennigma

Originally Posted by Sheilz View Post
its beautiful. I'd give my back teeth to be able to make something that lovely.
Thank you for the compliment! I have enough design background that the color and composition parts are pretty straightforward for me- that's not where I need help. I would be happy to help you and anyone else with design/color/composition choices, if that would be useful. Maybe we can all help each other.

What you can't see from 15 feet away and through an iphone lens is how poorly the points come together, and how not-flat the top is. It will be an adventure in pinning when I eventually go to quilt this. That's why I'm here asking for a quilting mentor! I need guidance in how to acquire the technical skills I lack. :-)

At the suggestion of someone who contacted me privately about this posting, I'm going to take a step back and do a simpler piecing exercise for my next quilt, based on half square triangles. I have three or four methods of making them to try so I can see what it takes to get my seams consistent. I'm going to work slowly and do a lot of testing and checking to figure out what it takes for me to do a better job. Hopefully that will be a good first step from where I am to where I would like to be.