Old 01-02-2015, 04:54 AM
susiequilt

I kind of agree suesew.
I went into this knowing that Bonnies quilts are very busy to me and that she uses smaller pieces than I like but I wanted the experience of doing a mystery. I even went back and looked at the finished other mystery quilts.
Today I woke up at 3am and the first thing that popped into my head was what could I do to make this quilt more to my liking. I hate to make it just to get rid of it somewhere.
I think if I make the sashing all one color it would help especially since I am doing one fabric for each color.
Problem is I'm not sure I would have enough green since I only bought for half intending to do 1/4. I will have to measure for that. I could use the turquoise since I know I would enough for that. Maybe I could make the corner stones the green and the strips the turquoise. I need to get some green in there.
The second thing that I would like to change is the center of the stars. To me the blue and yellow just don't look like they belong. I'm thinking of going with my white which is white with black blobs or my black which is black with white blobs.
Anyway I am not ready to give up on this. I have too much time and money invested to quit yet. I will keep looking at others pictures to see what I like best.