View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 01:28 PM
Dolphyngyrl

As long as it is a good quality and not cheap thread. The 3 you have been using are fine threads and very commonly used. There are so many threads out there that are good. I have used all 3 you use, plus king tut, rainbow, connecting threads, YLI, and aurifil. I still piece mostly with gutterman because simply it is easy to run down to joanns and get some with a coupon. As for FMQ I prefer king tut by superior for cotton(I had shredding with many other popular brands for cotton) and for poly any of the superior brands or isacord are my favorite because they simply have had the least amount of shredding both brands are very high quality. I like floriani and madeira for embroidery but have some cotton madeira I have not tried yet. I assume if its anything like their poly embroidery it will be high quality. The only problem I find with using other brands is I have to buy online and color matching is hard if you don't have thread charts. So I am working on getting some of my more favorite brands so I don't always have to use gutterman even though its a good quality thread as well. Fabrics is different If you are selling quality goods at a high price I personally would want it to be made from a high quality fabric, would not care what thread you used as long as it was good quality. As for thread though superior is by far my favorite brand, but I went on a thread binge last year and bought spools from different brands to find out what I personally like as I never go off of what others say. I have found that many things people swear as the best I have wound up hating so my motto is always try and see for yourself.