View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 06:23 AM
tapper

Default need ideas for paint colors....long post

Our house is a type known as a split entrance. On entering, there is a small area with steps leading to the basement and another set of steps leading to the main floor.
At the top of the steps, you can go straight into the kitchen, turn left into the living area, or turn right down a narrow hallway to the bedrooms and bathrooms.
My living room area, kitchen, dining area are all separated by open arches.

There are 2 entrance area walls....one to the left, separating the upward steps from the living area on the main floor and one on the right, separating the steps from the main floor bedrooms.
Example...
http://www.houzz.com/discussions/814...y-entry-way-in
Where the rails are in the photo, I have a solid wall.

We will be painting throughout the house. I need ideas for the walls. I now have the same color for the living, entrance and upstairs hallway. I liked it well enough but want a change.
Should I stay with one color? Should I go with different shades of one color? Should I change it up and have all different colors that play well together. Baseboards and ceilings are now white. I would prefer to keep the ceilings white but am open to other colors for the wide baseboards.
I have searched the internet but I am suffering from information overload.
Would appreciate your input. Links to relevant sites would be appreciated but I have probably checked out a lot of them.
My real need is to get ideas from real people like my QB friends...the 'been there done that' people.
I also want a bit of pizzazz but not too much. I am thinking that I could get that with colorful furniture and/or quilted accent pieces
Thank you.