View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 10:38 AM
kristijoy

Originally Posted by maminstl View Post
I usually use Aurifil for piecing and Isacord for quilting (if i want that polyester shine). I stock up on neutral Aurifil colors when I see them on sale - there is a lot of thread on those big spools, so I do not find the price out of line at all. Isacord is easily found for about $4, also a lot of thread for the money - so I think it is a bargain. I have a stash of various colors of Mettler, Guterman, C&C that have been purchased for garment projects over the years, so I can almost always come up with a special color for a small project.
I've used Isacord fro FMQ (It comes in TONS of colors and there is a lot on the cone!) Buying one cone of Isacord is going to be a lot cheaper than using C&C. I did one quilt with C&C with a lot of FMQ and I'm pretty sure I put more than $30-40 of thread on that quilt. That's when I switched to Isacord. I could do the same quilt in just 2 spools ($8!!!)

I've also used a shiny embroidery thread for FMQ which gives beautiful results if you want to draw some attention to your quilting. Right at the moment I'm trying out some "Intressa" for FMQ on a cone because it was available at the store/location I was visiting. I like that it's on a cone, but somehow the Isacord seemed to behave better tension wise on my machine.

For piecing I use my C&C I have left up in my cupboard. I also think the 'Intressa' will work for that purpose as well.