Old 01-03-2015, 08:57 PM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
It came with a 6-month antivirus program from Best Buy that I can download to the iPad, but I'm not sure I need it. Figure after 6 months, the program will just ask me to buy a continuation of it. We have high-level antivirus software on our Windows PCs, but I'm new to Apple and unsure of the need. Any advice appreciated!
i would not buy from Best Buy. like any retailer selling policies to cover your appliance, it's just making them money. my son writes security software for adobe. when i got my ipad i asked him about security software instal for my ipad. he said Safari, the default browser for all apple products is the safest browser available. he just gave me an apple air laptop w safari and firewall, no additional security software needed. if i didn't have my son to call for help, and if i were you, i would contact apple online to see what they say about security needs for your ipad. and welcome to ipad land! i love mine. i use the camera to take pics of scrap quilt projects so i can remember assembly order, patterns & tutorials, my older pfaff has poor directions for winding bobbins, so i store a photo of what i finally figured out that i refer too when i am needing to wind another pile of bobbins. and i take lots of pics of my fuzzy quilting buddies!