View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 07:27 AM
Ditter43

I bought a Flynn quilting frame about a month ago. I love the frame itself ,but......those rollers the frame sit on while machine quilting....aargggg. They keep rolling out from under the frame. When this happens of coarse it causes you to mess up your quilting. Stop and reposition and try again untill they slide around again.
The video of John Flynn using the frame makes the operation look so smooth. I realize there is a learning curve to new things. I usually pick things up quickly, but this has me flustered!!!!
Anyone out there who uses this please help!!!
I can't use the rollers that came with it because my Janome is too tall. My dh got larger pipe and cut it to size. Also the rollers ( the quilt go on) that come with the frame aren't long enough for a large quilt. He says to replace it with metal conduit which I did. This makes the frame pretty heavy with a queen size quilt on it. Right now I have a queen size quilt in it, basting it by hand. I plan to take it off and quilt it the usual way as I can't get the system to work smoothly enough.
Any suggestions? I am going to get in touch with John Flynn, but thought I'd ask here too.

Ditter in frozen Florida