Old 01-04-2015, 09:08 AM
cindyb

Originally Posted by IrishNY View Post
I finished the top today. I am not going to put the pieced border on since I think it is too busy for me already. I thought I allowed for the busyness of Bonnie's quilts by using single fabrics for the black, white, yellow and blue (substitute for green). The only scrappy colors are pink and aqua. It is still way busier than my usual style. I'm planning to bind it as is in yellow.

I did the pattern as Bonnie designed. I knew going into this experience that I was not going to be comfortable - I don't like scrappy or patterns with a zillion little pieces, but I thought it was a good opportunity to push myself out of my comfort zone. Changing the pattern seems counterproductive to that goal. I have a niece expected in the spring - this will be her quilt.
This is what mine looks like. I have about 10 blocks completed and when I put the sashing next to the blocks - the seams do not match up. Looks like they are sewn on just matching the top yellow and bottom yellow of the blocks? Is that what everyone else is doing?