Old 01-04-2015, 03:24 PM
ctyankee

I have many African violets, too. At work people think I have a green thumb because my plants do so well there. Hah! They don't see the ones I have at home! Last May I bought miniature African violets because I had this idea of putting each one in its own terrarium, but I never got around to it. Just as well -- they were NOT miniatures, just tiny plants in tiny pots that grew into big plants! I got them at a florist, too, after hunting them down for 3 years. Paid more for those tiny plants (because they were so cute??), but I really wanted miniatures! I have ivy at work but in the past I was never able to grow them so I just leave them there. In water. I really have to get them in soil one of these days. I have spider plants all over the place (home & work), & Arthur loves them -- a little too much! He always has one he can call his own ... but it's not necessarily the same one! I love succulents & I have one very spiney plant at work named Harry. He tried eating my poinsettia last year. I got that poinsettia plant for Christmas in 2010 (afound it on my desk at work) & it's been sitting in my office for the past four Christmases. Someone told me after the first Christmas to just throw it out, but I never had a poinsettia before & I couldn't bring myself to do that to a great plant. So it blooms just in time for Christmas every year. I have some other plants -- sansevieria, bamboo (which I guess isn't "real" bamboo??), a strange plant with orange flowers & no name, don't know what else. Last year my Christmas cacti kept re-blooming, too, but many of them are large & woody, so my plan is to get a baby from each -- they're sitting in water on my windowsill (the windowsill that doesn't get any sun). We shall see what happens.