Old 01-04-2015, 04:56 PM
JuneBillie
Power Poster

My cactus is still in bloom, but a few blooms are dying back.

I have an African violet in the window too. It does well, but always seems like it needs a bigger pot. I am afraid to re-pot it, because the last time I did that to one it died. It was like it did better being all cramped up.

My Christmas Cactus does need to be in a bigger pot which I need to do soon. I love that plant.

I have this other cacti in a glass container that my dad broke off, and gave me from one he and mom had for years that came from her sister in Chicago. I have no idea how old this is, so I feel the pressure to keep it alive. lol...Dad said to keep it in sand with a little soil. I just need to re-pot it and figure out what it needs.

I have one of those plants that I always heard called 'Mother in Law's Tongue'. I don't know why someone called it that, but that is what I heard. It's growing good, and I need to re-pot it too.

Besides sewing, this made me realize I really have some inside gardening to do.

Can herbs be bought this time of year? I meant to get some starts before winter. Outside I have some mint that comes up every year now. I got that start from our board member MaryMo. It does spread, but that doesn't bother me. She sent a piece of it with little roots wrapped in a moist paper towel inside a little baggie. It did great.