View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 08:08 AM
vjengels

I bought the Flynn system when I first started quilting in 1997. I bought the set with just the ends & instructions; my ex was pretty handy, we used pvc pipe for the left to right rollers, and used 10foot goods ( 2x2 pine lumber) for the frame, yes it was heavy, and so long when I used it in my kitchen, on the table of course... it would either roll into the living room, or up across the sink into the window, and I'd have to move towards the living room... LOL! I'm not sure how many square foot the kitchen was,,, but the floor space was only as big as a queen sized quilt ( the whole house was only 5oo sq. ft)... anyway.. I loved that thing! peiced, and quilted 12 quilts that year! ( I had more fun with that then my Handiquilter....)
the side to side rollers could be a problem untill you got used to ; or, you could tape 'blocks' to the edge of your surface to stop them, I would thing that something like a 1 inch stiff foam duct taped to the surface should suffice, you could create a 'channel' along the width of your surface to keep those rollers in line. Good luck!