View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 11:04 PM
Jeanette Frantz

Tammi, we got an "original" but it's new, so it's more shinny that the needle plate, but that's okay. My son ordered the electrical terminal with the white switch, but he hasn't gotten around to doing the rewiring yet. I've cleaned up the presser bar completely (he removed it to make it easier) and cleaned up the needle bar. I've got some more cleaning to do, but the machine is in pristine condition for its age, and if I'd realized it was sitting in the garage, it would have been inside long ago. I have no idea how long it's been in the garage. Our garage was built when the house was built and does not allow for moisture or freezing in it. I still would not have left it in the humidity, though. I took the tension apart and cleaned the discs thoroughly. The take-up spring in the tension is broken, but that's a $1.00 item which Sew-Classic has in stock.

Mary, there's a picture of the machine on the first page of this thread! When I get it totally cleaned up, I'll post some "after" pictures! There's not too much left to do, but I've been working on a quilt top. My 87 year old aunt embroidered 50 blocks (state flower) and I determined when I found the blocks, I decided I would finish the top and get the quilt finished. My sister-in-law said "just throw that away", and I said not just "No" but "He__ No". I didn't have any instructions for finishing the thing -- so I put the blocks in alphabetical order by state name! It's not perfect, but her blocks weren't cut the best, and though I tried to square them up, they're still not as good as they should be. I still think it's going to be a pretty quilt!

Jeanette