Old 01-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Sheree from Chicago

Originally Posted by Tiffany
Originally Posted by Sheree from Chicago
My husband thinks I've been out of control with fabric also. Truth be told, I have more than I will ever use in this lifetime (mums the word)! LOL
You know you are not allowed to die until you use up all your fabric. I'm pretty sure that's a rule somewhere. :wink:

Originally Posted by martha jo
Thanks for the suggestions. I live on a rather isolated ranch and am handicapped so don't get out much. I just seem to have a mental block. Read everything I could today, did find I had some books in my library on such and tried again. Not real happy with results but will start over tomorrow. I really would like to do it. I think maybe it would help if I traced the patterns on thinner paper. My paper won't run the thin stuff through. I ordered the cd from Connecting Threads and it should be here soon. Hope it works on a Mac. Haven't given up yet. Don't let it be my age - Ha!
If your paper is a bit thick, try this trick. Unthread your sewing needle on your machine and then go over each of the lines. This will perforate the paper, making it easier to rip out once you've actually sewn it. It can take a bit of extra time but it's so worth it! I do this to all my paper piecing projects and it's really made a difference. I use regular copier paper, which can be a bit thick when compared to vellum, but I haven't had a single problem since perforating the paper first and then going back and sewing everything together. Hope this helps!
Great tip Martha Jo!