View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 09:56 AM
huskyquilter

Also, I totally understand being stubborn and having your vision. I don't doubt that you can do it. But you'll definitely need the help of a quilt shop! Also, since you feel like you have time, I would recommend getting some cheap, practice fabric and making at least one or two steps with that. That way, you won't use up too much of the fabric you love on parts you might end up throwing away.

I was in a similar situation with my first quilt... I chose to do a twin sized difficult pattern and everyone told me it was too hard. I went for it anyway, and it took me about 10 years longer to complete than planned, but I did it and it's all done!

I think you can manage if you don't get frustrated and you take a beginner class at your local shop. Even if you think it seems like you're wasting time, you will learn some great basic techniques that will make you way more efficient, like cutting. I used to cut one strip at a time, after taking a class, I realized that I could do 4! So I cut my time down by 400%!