Old 01-06-2015, 09:05 AM
Joanie2

Default Fabric Swap-Starting the New Year right (a little long but worth the read)

I haven't posted in a long time but I have kept up on all the wonderful posting here. I am very thrifty according to my friends because I save every scrap of leftover projects and am willing to take their left over pieces as well. I cut them up into squares from 2" up to 6 1/2" and strips from 1/2" to 2 1/2". I have boxes and boxes. Not to mention all the fat quarters and yardage, patterns, magazines and books as well as numerous UFO'S. (Do you fit into this obsessive category?) I thought I would share how I'm starting the new year with you. I am hosting a 'fabric swap' with my friends. I've spent the last several days going through every nook and cranny sorting and organizing and making piles of 'it's gotta go' stuff. On Sunday morning friends will come to play bringing all their 'it's time to go stuff'. I'll provide the refreshments, appetizers and tables. They will bring something to nibble on as well. Every available surface in my living room, dining room and sewing room will be covered. Everyone will have the opportunity to take (not swap) whatever they want. They might find a new project to inspire them or that one piece of fabric they'd been looking for. Everyone goes home happy with new-to-them goodies. All left overs get sorted and moved on to new places -- our guild charity group gets the best quality fabric, our free tables at meetings get patterns, etc and finally Goodwill gets a big box or two. It's a win win for everyone and there is no money involved. Just a fun way to spend time with good friends, do some shopping and to get motivated and inspired to continue on with what we love best -- quilting! So pass it on...and have some fun at the same time! I'll try to post some before and after photos next week.