View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 12:30 AM
Gerbie

That looks so nice. I really like how you did that. I'm not in to older machines like some of you, but I love looking at yours and seeing what all you have.I have 2 featherweights, my Bernina 930, a 1968 Singer Golden Touch a revised version of a Singer in a modern day treadle cabinet I purchased in the summer for $30.00, my Serger and an older Singer that belonged to my mother, I haven't checked out just what it is in ages, because it is stored in the a cabinet and I don't have room to put it out would love to be able to display it.. I do know she bought it in 1941 from the school they used it in Home Economic. It was a treadle, she put a motor on and used it like that. When we moved out of state in '59, she took it out of her treadle cabinet and we didn't keep the cabinet when we moved back. I wanted the cabinet base, but she didn't want to keep it. I regret not insisting, but it wasn't my machine I was in my early 20's and had nothing to use it for at the time. Mothers machine would look so nice done like this, if I could find an old treadle base. hopefully some day I will find a treadle cabinet and get my DH to put Mother's in it.

Last edited by Gerbie; 01-08-2015 at 12:40 AM.