View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 06:20 AM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by betty32084 View Post
For several years I have been wanting a Singer Featherweight ,but it was just not in my budget, living on just Social Security.Yesterday, my 81 year old neighbor called me and asked me to step out to the side yard fence. She handed me a Singer Featherweight 221 over the fence !(in perfect condition) she said she's getting too old to try to get the bobbin to work and if I didn't want it ,she's giving it to a thrift store. I had a hard rime containing my excitement!God has blessed me with wonderful helpful people in my life.Now I'm going to make this little old lady some really special for her birthday coming up next month!
Have you seen the new tutorial of MSQ? I just viewed it this morning, it is a new star quilt made from the binding tool and jelly roll strips with some yardage. I have that tool, I love it, and plan to use it to make this star quilt or the one behind it that one of her gandsons designed. The blocks are large and seem like it would be a quick quilt to make. Congrats on your new machine!