View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 08:27 AM
DottyD

Hello all - first of all can I please thank you all so very much for your wonderful comments - I have been staggered by the lovely replies I have received - they ALL mean so VERY much to me.

I will try and answer some of the questions you have asked.

Doris - how lovely to hear from you - I will be at The Maltings with Village Green Quilter's and look forward to seeing you !!

judy363905 - I have sent you a PM.

Anael - I was so sorry to read about the loss of your furry friend.

Pal - I am going to use it on our bed.

zozee - The quilt is a sampler quilt - called Dear Jane from a book of the same name by Brenda Papadakis.

lildinks - no, it is not embroidered - it is mainly pieced - foundation pieced or appliqued.

decky - I am now doing two BOWS on a yahoo group of Jennifer Chiaverini's books - Sylvia's Bridal Sampler and The Loyal Union Sampler. These are 6 " blocks - so bigger than the 4 1/2" Dear Jane blocks. I am also doing a challenge with my local quilt group. The challenge is to make a block with stars - 9" and so I am doing Carol Doak's favourite paper pieced stars.

QuiltnNan. Three DJ's - Wow and PenniF - FIVE - oh my goodness !

Nammie to 7 I used 100% cotton Christmas fabric with very small designs - and the very best calico / muslin I could find for the sashing - scalloped border - and backing.

For anyone wanting to start a Dear Jane - I would love to answer any questions. You will need the book and I would fully recommend the Dear Jane ruler set - especially the triangular one.

A good site I found with LOADS of info was to go to dearjane.com

Also another one is :-

http://thatquilt.blogspot.co.uk/

Anina ( I have no affiliation to this kind, generous lady ) who has done a tutorial on EVERY block - tri and corner and has added tips on the borders etc. Scroll down the page a little and you'll see a list in green ink on the right hand side. If you click on the block you need it will open the tutorial.
Scroll further down and you'll see dates - open up 2011 - January and she has given you tips on joining the tri's and corners.

For anyone who hankers to start a Dear Jane - dive in a have a go - I have loved the journey and once came over to Texas - ( from the UK) and had the pleasure of meeting Brenda - who wrote the book. One day I would love to come over to the Houston show !

Do let me know if I can help anyone further.

Once again THANK you all so much - what wonderful ladies - or gents - quilters are !!!!!