Old 01-09-2015, 05:34 PM
quiltingcandy

Welcome from Southern California! I am sure most of us can relate to what you are doing. When I went thru my magazines, if I couldn't remember why I kept it, out it went. If there was a quilt I wanted to make, I cut it out and put it in a plastic sleeve and put it into a three ring binder and recycled the rest of it. Patterns that I have purchased or have been given to me I either use a tack and hang it on a wall in the sewing room or it also goes in a sleeve in the binder.

My fabric for the most part is wrapped around the comic book boards. Then I separated it into boxes by topics - i.e.: Christmas, Halloween/Fall, Kids, Florals, Sports Teams and then colors. I do have a rather large plastic box that I keep my backing fabrics and another box for UFO's and another box for scraps that I just can't let go.

It was a challenge and took me weeks to get the fabric under control. But I am so glad that I did, I was surprised how much I had and what I didn't realize that I had.

Oh did anyone tell you that it never ends? After each quilt it almost feels like you are doing it again.

What are your favorite quilts to make? Or do you like a new challenge with each quilt?