View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 05:24 PM
NJ Quilter

My general go to is Softscrub...formica counters; (gas) stove top; tub/shower (recommended by tub manufacturer). I use comet on my s/s sink; toilets. Ceramic tile floors...Mr. Clean or just about any cleaner...they are pretty indestructible. I was recently introduced to 'Awesome' at the dollar store. Originally suggested as a laundry spot/pre-treater which I was not overly impressed with. BUT it does do an amazing job on kitchen/cooking grease. Had some really tough greasy areas that it worked a charm. On my sheet vinyl flooring, manufacturer recommended nothing stronger than liquid dish soap. My vinyl plank flooring a dust mop and clear water with damp mop. For walls I would probably go with pine sol or TSP. I agree the pine sol is getting very difficult to find. TSP might be my go to for heavy stuff. Also recently recommended (here) as a laundry additive and it works very well for that with our hard water.

I hate cleaning. I'm a thorough, if not frequent cleaner. I really wish I could justify having a cleaning person again. But being home for the last 5+ years it's kind of difficult from both a moral as well as $$ perspective.