Old 01-10-2015, 09:25 PM
ArchaicArcane

Default Found some interesting things windows shopping today - Image heavy

With no space left and the budget decimated by the summer's events, we left most things there today.

First machine I saw was a Singer 175-61 - ISMACS says this about it:
"For sewing on two or four hole flat buttons. Equipped for snap fasteners. Speed 1000 RPM."

I had guessed that it had something to do with buttons or snap fasteners when I found a few under the belt shroud. I found it interesting that this machine didn't have a handwheel at all and the clutch is next to the pulley on the machine, not on the motor. Of course, I also loved the "foot" pedals.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]505587[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]505589[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]505592[/ATTACH]

Then we found a Raymond I have to send the photos of to a friend. This one has great decal on the arm. It's not often I see one here that has bright colors not to mention all of its parts.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]505590[/ATTACH]

The last one was the most interesting. Here's what ISMACS has to say about a Singer 113W110(?):
"Industrial". 135x7 needle (1901)"

Yes. I'd believe that! The first thing I thought was "Singer LongArm!" Of course with what that thing would weigh, it would be easier to move a Longarm frame under it than move the machine! I couldn't move the slide plates, but it looked like the bobbin and hook would be to the right on this one and fully encased from the bottom so possibly a horizontal as well. There went my Longarm dreams. Anyone have any ideas what it would be used for? I'm thinking something that couldn't be folded. How about that handwheel in the middle of the machine? There's also one in the usual place too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]505591[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]505593[/ATTACH]

And here's what I did come home with today (completely boring compared to the other "finds"):
[ATTACH=CONFIG]505594[/ATTACH]

I won't lie, I'm tempted by both of the Singers but know that I have no space for things of that size. How cool would it look with that mounted behind Lucey though!?!? Would need to be an incredibly strong shelf or I could see it peeling the drywall right off the studs.
Attached Thumbnails img_3407.jpg   img_3409.jpg   img_3410.jpg   img_3411.jpg   img_3408.jpg  

img_3413.jpg   img_3414.jpg  

Last edited by ArchaicArcane; 01-10-2015 at 09:43 PM.