View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 07:04 AM
Geri B

Originally Posted by Ariannaquilts View Post
I know that a lot of quilters probably do this but instead of perforating the paper with the unthreaded needle I just saw a young woman use a tracing wheel to do it before she attached the fabric, I thought that was quite clever.
....oh yes, thanks for reminding me...have one of those buried somewhere in my sewing desk from when I sewed clothing.......

I use that add a quarter ruler....it's kind of fluorescent yellow with the lip...recommended by carol Doak, but also use a postcard..again from any mag, place that on papere along the line, fold over the line then butt that ruler to trim that 1/4".... Gives a bit more depth for the ledge to catch......carol Doak cd........go down to 1.5 stitches and denim needle, also score the sewing line with point of pin...lightly before tearing......

Because I don't pp much, when I do, I really have to rethink the sewing....to me it is backwards...I want to sew on fab not paper...so the first one or two I have almost talk myself thru...but then I'm on track. I use carol Doak Doak paper..on sale w/ coupon, but I will try doodle paper from $ store next time I run out.......