Thread: Freds stash
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 09:27 AM
xxxxxxxxxx

Freds plan:

Ok he is now 87 yrs old. When I first saw this, the years was between 1987 / 1990, a yard sale he and his wife were having. rural country setting, about a 20 acre place. he and her both junkers, hoarders, collectors.

This was a womans paradise. she had a old chicken coop/barn as her stash area and dirty thing workshop, she had the ice cream truck body as another stash area, ANNNNND

he moved in the late 50's Mobil home / trailer house, make the kitchen counter top into clean work benches, removed the center bed room, carpeted the entire place, setup a brick hearth and wood stove, This was her play house, for Dolls and sewing.

she dies some where in the 90's. the son that is now dead. cleans things up. Now from here I have to guess, Freds love of his wife, maybe as a shrine to there time together ( which would have been 30+ yrs) they kept all her favorite machines in her play house.

I could tell I was the first person in there , from what ever year all this had been done. or first to open any machine cases. There is also a small collection of elec table lamps in there, a few empty card board boxes, rear bedroom is just piled full, can't ever tell whats in there ...

now this property is still a mess. or a small gold mine. There afew 40's trucks, tractor some very old cars , plows. camp trailers so on, like 10 acres worth.

So, This place is the greatest example of what happens to our prize collections 20+ yrs after we die.

son Rod does have one of his mom ornate machines at his house, he was smiling telling me about it .. they have saved mom's collection, He is very sure Fred will cut loose with the machines

so 20+ yrs after mom is gone her toys ? collection lives on.. her nice stuff is in that locked down house,, which appears to be No No land. aka for Freds eyes only.

This pic shows here . again viewing from the back door, Thats 40 feet ? of machines, 3 cabinet deep on the left 1 cabinet deep on the right. 70% of the in case machines on the floor
[ATTACH=CONFIG]505621[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 100_0316.jpg