View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 11:11 AM
PumpkinSundae

Default Question about Juki 2010Q

I was at my sewing machine dealer yesterday looking for a new machine and one of the ladies who works there said that the Juki 2010Q was really great and that she ordered one for herself and it was coming in next week. Actually, she did kind of sell me on it....the fact that she called it a 'workhorse' was what I wanted to hear since really the thing I do most is straight-lined stitching (she said it was an industrial machine). I have another machine to do zigzag and found I don't really use decorative stitches much. She showed me how it went through several layers easily and I was impressed. I was dismayed by my old machine that when I was making potholders for Christmas and was going through just four layers (back and front, one layer of Insulbrite and one of Warm and Natural that my machine was giving me a little bit of trouble and I broke a couple of needles.

May I ask anyone who has one if the like it? I was looking online and the only thing negative I saw was a person having tension problems. I am going back into the shop next week to check it out again.

Thanks so much!