Old 01-11-2015, 11:30 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
Wow, Great day for looking and shopping. My antiquing trips are never that interesting. What were the asking prices on the Raymond and Singer Industraials?
Ours are almost never that interesting either. Believe it or not, we only managed one of the two shops we were planning on getting to! This one usually has the most sewing machine stuff though. The Raymond was $225, the Singer Long Arm was $120 (or less than a buck a pound!) and the 175 was $375 and 25% off that. By far, I think the best deal would be the 175 because it looked whole other than the belt.

I'm surprised no one asked about the one hiding in the first picture that I didn't mention.

Originally Posted by Jeanette Frantz View Post
Tammi,

I'll bet that "long arm" Singer would be an absolute "beast" to pick up (then some more)! Good deal on the SM Oil! I saw a couple of machines listed on ebay that I would buy, if I were (1) not broke) and (2) had room. There were both a 15-91 and a 201-2 listed together -- starting bid was $2.25! PLUS the machines are in Deltona FL which isn't a long way from us. Let's put it this way, if I were going to buy them, I sure wouldn't be paying shipping! But, I don't need either one of them, I don't have room, and I really can't afford them -- because neither one has a foot pedal or cords. LOL!

Jeanette
DH said he tried - not with everything he had - because it wasn't ours but he could barely budge it. We were hoping to get a better angle to shoot the model number because neither of us could read it where it was. As it was, I squirmed the phone in there and he told me while standing above and to the side when it was in the right area to get the model #. He figures easily 150lbs and that the photo doesn't give perspective but that the arm looked to be about 4ft long. I'll never complain about pushing my svelte light Lucey at her 41lbs around again!

Pedals and cords don't cost much and I usually count on replacing the cords at the very least so to me, as long as the buy in is good, I don't worry about those two parts too much.