View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 03:00 PM
GrammieJan

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
The side mounting doesn't matter. Your bobbin case is not inserted correctly. See the notch on the right side? That is where the "finger" on your bobbin case needs to go in. The latch should be horizontal. The following is a photo of a Juki bobbin, but yours should look the same when inserted correctly (scroll down to photo of bobbin in machine):
http://www.makingrebeccalynne.com/20...-tl-2010q.html

If you take it to your local quilt shop, anyone there who has experience with sewing machines should be able to show you how to do it.

Edit: When inserting the bobbin case, you hold onto the latch. As you hold onto the latch, line up the "finger" with that notch on the right, then insert the case. Once you let go of the latch, test the bobbin case. The finger should still be in the notch, and you should not be able to move the bobbin case around. You could still have the bobbin inserted incorrectly into the bobbin case (it matters whether the thread is coming off the bobbin clockwise or counter-clockwise). But, for sure, your bobbin case is not inserted correctly; hence, the lack of the "click".
There is no finger on the bobbin case for this machine. I have one just like it. And it was hard for me to get it in place, due to it being on the end of machine. I finally decided to look at it before removing from the machine, and learned exactly where the latch sits when it is in place. That way, I knew how to hold the case when inserting it. It was easier after that but still hard to tilt my head just right to place it. Almost made me dizzy. :-) Front loading would be better!