View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 06:57 AM
patmadrid

I purchased my long arm machine( machine, frame and computer) from Sewing Machines Plus. I thought the price was excellent. They offer a wide variety of machines and supplies. There are several things to think about when purchasing online.

1.Having someone locally to assist when needed can be priceless. I could have used someone to assist when I set up the machine.
2. While their customer service is good. I have to leave a message and it is at least 24 hours before I get a call back. Trying to explain an issue over the phone can be tricky. They give you some things to try.....they don't work.....you call them back.....and wait another 24 hours. For me this is very frustrating.
3. When I had to return the machine for warranty work, I had to pay for shipping to them. They paid for return shipping. The cheapest way to ship was $180.00. This could turn out to be very costly.

If I had to do it again, I would spend a little more and purchase locally. Sometimes a cheaper price is not the best value.