Old 01-12-2015, 09:35 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

Originally Posted by slowquilts View Post
This is great stuff. When boys learn to build things, devise new ways to make things work if they don't have the right materials, etc... they're actually learning. So many kids nowadays have to sit in front of video games because their houses aren't full of books and they don't live where it's safe to be outside. We don't watch PG-13 or R movies if there's sexual content but historical violence is okay to watch. It leads to great discussions. It leads to more understanding of how our world has been and ways we can make positive changes. There's no avoidance of violence in life. This is a constructive, thought provoking website. If more kids built models of weapons instead of just sitting on video games "killing" people they'd understand the strength of weapons and not use them indiscriminately. This is a neat site that my boys will definitely be spending time on.
I totally agree. Ways of self preservation. So many call it violence inducing paraphernalia when the positive people call it tools for survival to feed the family as many did in the past. Just showing how things are created. This site makes minds expand. They zero in on a certain subject and it makes them want to study it even further. Violence is rarely on their minds much to the opposite of those stuck in front of a violent video game that is totally about violence against all beings. Sending this to my DGDs. Thanks for sharing the link. A new learning curve!