Thread: Hello from IL!
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 12:42 PM
mpspeedy2

I started sewing for my dolls at 8 or 9 years old. I made my first quilt at 13 or 14 and haven't stopped since. I currently make at least 10 Linus quilts a month and quilt with our local Senior center. I make Princess Pillowcase dresses for missionary outreach and most recently started making little white dresses or shrouds for premature babies that died before or shortly after birth. I have a huge stash of fabric but can always find an excuse to buy more. For my own use or gifts for adults I do all hand quilting. For the Linus quilts I do basic machine quilting since they will likely be laundered at least monthly. I have kept at least a dozen quilts that I made and use them around the house on beds and to protect my furniture from our cat. Ironically I won a local guild's raffle quilt. While it is beautiful it is not my colors and is king size and way to big for my bed. I find quilting addictive and the perfect excuse to keep acquiring more fabric. My Mom was born and raised in Macomb, Illinois.