Old 01-12-2015, 05:24 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

We left about 13 packages of hamburger, 3 chuck roasts and one package of sirloin from our last beef we purchased from a neighbor. He has another quarter of beef for us in March. Worth more per pound now than then. Processed six quarts of ground meat and Venison steak (from a cousin back on dh childhood home front) tonight, dh stripped the boiled bones and I have 8 quarts ready to process in the morning. Crock pots did not work in the electrical outlets where I had them, so I changed to different outlets, trying to cook them all night, and hopefully, be ready in the morning to cut up all the boneless rump roasts One step at a time.

Then I can thaw the pork or do some of our hens and ducks before Friday. So nice that the processor canner is working and does the 90 minutes per batch.

Now I get to read a while, then go to bed about nine or nine thirty. I am not a night owl at my age; need my sleep and love to eat! JanRn, its so nice you are enjoying your retirement. Honchey, lovely little scraps to arrange the way you want too in your quilts. Carrie, sounds like progress to me, on your new 'cave'. Ok, you always amaze me what all you get done on the farm and in your community, and in your sewing room. Love the stories and show of the quilts.