Old 01-13-2015, 03:00 AM
Sheilz

Originally Posted by Siodach View Post
hi, I recently finished a wedding quilt for my DD, which the happy couple really loved. I wouldn't recommend the pattern I used as a quick or easy one, but the whole idea went down really well at the wedding. Basically I took some pre-cut fabric pieces along to the wedding, and asked all the day-guests to sign a message for the couple onto the fabric. These pieces were then put into the quilt. The guests had a ball writing their designs, some almost competing with each other to draw the best pictures on their hexagon!

The colours used were based on the colours of the bridesmaids' dresses, along with the mothers of the bride and groom.

Doing this does mean that the quilt would not be ready for the day itself, but the couple loved being able to revisit the memories a couple of months later when the quilt was revealed.

DS will get something similar made should he ever do the deed, but his will be a DP9 (as suggested above), with the guests signing on the four un-cut corner patches.

You could perhaps use a pale grey for these four corners, and get them signed up by guests too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]505877[/ATTACH]

Cheers, K
What a lovely idea and such a beautiful quilt