Old 01-13-2015, 01:47 PM
Emma S

Thanks everyone for your pats on my back, feels really good.
Whitepine: Don't feel impressed I just can't read directions. I was one of those people that when told to 'put the HST aside' I totally put them aside and made a whole new set. So only had to attach the yellow and the black. If you can believe it, I still have a lot of the pink left over. Love scrappy so they will go in some project down the road.
Windblown: Actually considered using black for both the thin and the outer border. Decided the quilt reminds me of a windy summers day so opted for the yellow. Kind of surprises when it grounded the quilt, didn't expect that.
Joe's Mom: My design wall is made of a rather stiff batting (not what would be used in a quilt) with seamed white flannel on the top. I nailed a white board at the ceiling, then put grommets in the top of the batting and flannel. In theory I can remove it any time and you hardly notice the board, since it is the same color as the wall. In practice it's pretty much up all the time. It is on a wall that has a door in it but I just shut the door if I'm using the whole wall, although if you look, you can see the bump from the door knob.