View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 06:17 AM
shayarene

Good Morning and thank you for so much wonderful information. I stopped by the DIL house on way home to pick up the fabric, she didn't buy enough, so now it becomes a challenge to me. She decided not to line it as it's a cotton fabric and she said her daughter will probably change her room in a couple months anyway. :-( So the fabric isn't long enough to cut in half and have 2 panels for the window, so I am going to split it down the center so I have 2 pieces long enough, but then she loses her fullness. SO, I am thinking, once I make this simple panel and hem it all around all sides and make a rod pocket, if there is enough left, I would like to figure out how to make about a 10" long ruffle to attach along the top????? And she gave me this impossible to sew ribbon to put on for trimming and wants tie backs, so thinking of taking pieces of the fabric and stitching the accent ribbon down the middle and then sewing it into a tie back??? Been planning this in my head so I don't mess them up. I am really a self taught beginner and have never sewn for anyone else before and basically, haven't sewn much of anything yet. LOL But she has faith in me, so I will do my best. Again, thank you all for the quality info. now I just have to figure out how to sew that ruffle to the top so it doesn't look like I just pasted it on there. LOL