Thread: Frozen sauce
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 09:59 AM
Chasing Hawk

Originally Posted by farmquilter View Post
Chasing Hawk:
I use an electric pressure cooker to cook my sauce.
I had it stored in the freezer for about 3 months before we had it a couple of weeks ago for dinner.

I have an electric pressure cooker and would you please share your recipe for your sauce. I do low carb and want some for the spaghetti squash I cook in the cooker.
I don't have a set recipe for spaghetti sauce......but here goes......it's all done by taste around here...

2 cans of Hunt's Spaghetti sauce (any flavor but the meat one)
1or 2 8 oz. cans Contadina tomato paste (ADD this after the sauce is done, in case the sauce is too thin. You might not need the second one.)
1 large can Contadina tomato sauce (if needed)
1/2 to 3/4 large red onion diced (one about the size of a softball, my husband loves onions)
1 or 2 red bell peppers (orange or yellow will do also, I find the green ones a bit strong in flavor)
now the spices........a quarter size spot in the palm of your hand of each of these..
dry oregano, dry basil and dried parsley
about 1 cup of Merlot wine , we like the yellow kangaroo brand.(Burgundy also works)
3/4 cup of sugar..........not slpenda or turvia ......real sugar!
4 or 5 big cloves of garlic, minced
and about a 1/2 pound of sliced mushrooms (white button, bella mushrooms are good) Add more if you like mushrooms

I add a brown cut up rabbit or chicken breasts partially cooked and cut up, meatballs or kielbasa sausage. Which ever we feel like having . Place it all on a pressure cooker on low pressure for about 35 minutes.