Old 01-15-2015, 12:01 PM
Prism99
Power Poster

Question I have boxes and boxes of photos. Where do I start?

I guess I have been postponing learning how to "scrapbook" for about 50 years. I have boxes and boxes of old photos that really need to be put into albums or picture frames. Honestly, I don't know where to start. It's not like quilting where I am attracted to the fabric, the magazines, the posts on the QB, etc. I'm not really attracted to anything having to do with scrapbooking. However, I cannot imagine leaving this stuff to my daughter to sort out. I really need to do something.

Help?

p.s. On a related theme, we have lots of home videos on different formats (I don't even know which ones). My dh always insisted on getting "good" equipment rather than "easy to use" equipment, so we have rarely ever played anything we have. I'm at the point where I am thinking of taking everything to one of those audio conversion places. However, I'm thinking that is a pretty expensive option, especially since we would be converting hours and hours of really dull home movies in addition to the fun stuff. My dh has always planned to home edit the movies, and I'm sure he could figure out how to do it eventually, but he is still working more than full-time at age 68 with no plans to stop anytime soon. I am thinking we should do something within the near future. What have you done with home videos???