Old 01-16-2015, 05:42 AM
pumpkinpatchquilter

I think it's nice that they pass out jackets - though I do think Salvation Army has a funny way of running things. I won't go there though. I have an old school pal who works for them...and my Mother also used to work for Goodwill Industries. Lots of funny business if you ask me! In any case...the prices are a subject of controversy because they seem to be all over the place and the running theme when talking to other customers is they are really getting high. We went to SA day before yesterday and they made me so angry I put my cart with about $50 worth of items in it back!! I'm on the fence as to whether I'll go back or not. I do try to be thrifty, but they were real stinkers when I was there and I'd rather pay more than be treated poorly. Oh well.

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
I was a bit upset to say the least when I went to our SA near the house. I got what I was looking for old flannel shirts for $1.00-1.50 for x-xxl sizes. I got 8 shirts. Now the night before the SA was passing out coats for the homeless and some blankets and said they ran out. I was really upset because I donated a few blankets and couple older but nice warm jackets that didn't fit anymore and DH just didn't really like them. I was shocked the stock of coats/jackets and blankets on the racks. I asked the clerk about them and with all on the rack I knew they didn't just put them out. She stated. that the better ones go on the retail racks and the other ones are passed out. I was just a little dismayed, disappointed whatever word fits. I will continue to donate. I will also hold back a little and next time I see a disadvantaged person who needs a jacket will give one to them, when I see the need. Just no sense in my mind. Canstill get some great deals at the thrift stores though.