Old 01-16-2015, 07:05 AM
Sewnoma

I salvage buttons and zippers from clothes I'm either cutting up for my own use, or just things I need to get rid of that are too ruined to donate. I can't say I DO anything with them yet, but I have been able to re-purpose a light jacket zipper on a throw pillow cover, so I have used one, once! LOL (The buttons do get used fairly often, DH snags his work-shirt sleeves on things constantly and is always in need of a little button or two.)

I keep telling myself that someday I'm going to figure out how to make purses, and then I will make myself the Most Awesome Purse Ever with all sorts of cool zipper pockets with all these salvaged zippers....but so far I'm nowhere near that goal, LOL.

My gran salvaged wool from thrift shops for her quilts; I keep telling myself I'm going to do the same someday. I have five or six of her wool quilts and they are THE best quilts I own. So warm and heavy and cozy...I just love them. I'm always happy when it's cold enough to put "grandma's quilt" on the bed!