Old 01-16-2015, 07:26 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

I totally understand. They made me angry one day and I didn't have near that much in the cart but I just left it where it was. I hit estate sales a lot and get great bargains there. SA made me angry one day when I almost bought a sewing machine. Package with attachments was extra. The foot was also in the package. I walked again! Wasn't really that interested but just the thought!
Originally Posted by pumpkinpatchquilter View Post
I think it's nice that they pass out jackets - though I do think Salvation Army has a funny way of running things. I won't go there though. I have an old school pal who works for them...and my Mother also used to work for Goodwill Industries. Lots of funny business if you ask me! In any case...the prices are a subject of controversy because they seem to be all over the place and the running theme when talking to other customers is they are really getting high. We went to SA day before yesterday and they made me so angry I put my cart with about $50 worth of items in it back!! I'm on the fence as to whether I'll go back or not. I do try to be thrifty, but they were real stinkers when I was there and I'd rather pay more than be treated poorly. Oh well.