Old 01-16-2015, 07:58 AM
AZ Jane

I love your scrapbooking idea but I have an alternative. #1, mark your pictures of who is who (do this while there is someone who may remember) (I made my Mom sit down and go thru all hers and I wrote on the back, I am so glad I did, she had dementia before she passed). Don't save a lot of landscape pictures. That tree in Utah looks a lot like that tree in Maine, unless there is a human in it. #2, Get a small scanner if you don't have one. They have portable ones that weigh nothing, I take it everytime I go to family reunions!!! Once youhave photos scanned in, upload to your computer and then it is easy to organize, you ca make as many categories as you want. From there, you can make copies for family and friends on CD/DVD, depending on your equipment.

My Uncle did this of old family pictures, even went up into the mountains to get as many as he could. Sent all the remaining kids a CD. I up loaded my Mom's into ancestry.com (sorry, I just love that site). The future generations will be able to see who is who and my grandmothers old homestead.