Old 01-16-2015, 08:10 AM
AZ Jane

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
For those of you who have scanned photos, what kind of scanner do you use? Have to admit I never thought of doing this. I think it would be easier for me to handle this process than it would be to mount photos in an album or on cards. I have always worried about ruining the photos. How good are the scanned versions.
I have a big HP printer/scanner/fax etc machine that scans directly to my computer when I am at home. Quality is excellent and have never had a problem with injury to the original photos. Then I have a portable one. It is several years old so I have no idea if it is still available. It is a Kodal P811. (here is a picture on Amazon but I surely did not pay that price LOL, but this one had the most pictures) http://smile.amazon.com/Kodak-P811BK...rds=kodak+p811 Well, I guess it is still available LOL

This one uses electricity or batteries, download onto a microSD, which I then upload to my computer. I take it to all the family reunions and scan old pictures. It will scan up to 8X10. I love it!!