View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 11:48 AM
EmiliasNana

Default Still learning FMQ on my Tiara II

I initially practiced on a muslin sandwich and drew blocks with a Crayola washable marker: square, sashing, borders etc. but it got boring, so I made and quilted this quilt for a friend: First FMQ quilt on my new Tiara II

This is my second baby quilt to practice on. I used a panel called Urban Zoologic, along with coordinating fabrics to do a simple quilt for our vet. I used 60 wt thread in white to hide my mistakes, but did chance balancing the tension and used lime green thread for the backing as it was green with monkeys : ) I did a SITD between blocks and around the sashings, a small meander in the background after outlining the animal and echoing around it. In the houndstooth blocks I created a sun out of poster board, marked it with Crayola Washable Markers, echoed around it and did swirls inside the sun. So presenting my third practice piece: Urban Zoo. Let me know what you think.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506561[/ATTACH]
Did notice I forgot to echo around the zebra, once I got it done, but don't think the baby will notice : )
[ATTACH=CONFIG]506563[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]506564[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails vet-baby-quilt-progress.jpg   dscf4379.jpg   dscf4381.jpg   dscf4382.jpg  

Last edited by EmiliasNana; 01-17-2015 at 11:50 AM.