View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 04:59 PM
Laurajbr

(Oh dear, I am back to edit my post, as I think I may have inserted in the wrong thread, or baord, I ask patience with my enthusastic, but not honed posting skills)

I spent the day moving everything around in my sewing space. (I have so much room now I mad do yoga there)
I want to get my table where I am learning FMQ out to where I can run suspended bars from the floor joists to create the effect I saw another person do with a floor standing PVC frame. Of course move one thing...

I also saw someone post a peg board that they had painted. What a revelation! I never put one up becuase I hate the brown or white options. Duh!

Before
[ATTACH=CONFIG]506612[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506613[/ATTACH]

After
[ATTACH=CONFIG]506614[/ATTACH]

You cannot see it in the above, but between the rafters I have inset a hanging pole, so that I will stop being tempted to hang things from the very centrally located Gas Line.
I also positioned the photo to hide the sundry sauder collection where by fabric lives.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506615[/ATTACH]

As you can see I have put my new practice quilt on the sewing machine so I can gauge the length of straps.

It is not glamorous, professional or very pretty, but it is my space, and is the spot I day dream about whilst at work. I am pleased as punch. I know it is tasteless to talk about money, but I pleased with the costs on this, so I am going to brag about it.

Peg boards - $12.50(USD)
paint - $20.00 (USD) and I have plans to use the rest on another project.
peg board pegs $2.00 for 100 assorted at a local thrift store
Poles for suspending - $5.00 ( also thirft store)
3/4 inch flat head screws $3.00 ( I resented this, I had plenty countersinking screws but no flat heads)

$47.50 USD!
Attached Thumbnails my-sewing-room-640x433-2-.jpg   dsc00593-640x480-.jpg   dsc00597-640x480-.jpg   dsc00598-640x480-.jpg  

Last edited by Laurajbr; 01-17-2015 at 05:02 PM. Reason: thread error possible