View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 06:32 PM
n2scraplvr

Originally Posted by love to sew View Post
I love it! I make lots and lots of scrappy, and I like to do different patterns all the time. I have to re-read how you did this as I'm still having to think about it. I'm sure if I just pull out a few of my already cut squares this would be easy to figure out, I'm a visual learner. Great size you made it.
Thank you, love to sew! I'll do a mini-tut for everyone and post it here as I'm sure others would like to give it a try! Basically, I just took (2) 5" squares and laid them face down on top of each other (you need a dark and a light) and just slice it in half with a ruler or without a ruler. Make a curve like I did on a few. Or use a ruler. Lay the 4 pairs out. Flip them all over face up always keeping the light fabric on the right hand side. Next rotate the light square to its opposite end. Both pieces should look like a 5" square and fit together perfectly. Flip the light square over on the dark one and chain-sew all of them at once. Cut them apart. Repeat the process again and sew the halves together!

If you need pics, I'll include them in the tut. Have fun with it! Nothing really needs to line up when joining blocks but I did attempt to meet blades correctly wherever it was possible. If it's really wonky, nothing will line up right so that's why I only made 2 crazy wonky ones. Hope this helps! n2