View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 09:32 AM
kiffie2413

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Question - this book is out of print and price for used seems very high.......so how can a LQS offer a class on it....isn't the rule " you have to buy the pattern to do the class"?
I have no idea. It's a quilt shop I don't go to, as I have another one here that's like my 2nd home. My friend was who was going to take the class. And it was almost 3 years ago this all transpired and when I made the quilt top.

I bought a book that has the pattern in it. If you look back at all my posts, I discuss looking for the pattern, then finding which book it was in, and buying it. I also talked about how not long after I bought my book, the other used books that were for sale sold like hot cakes and the dwindling few that were then available were quite expensive.

I'm thinking I recall that the lqs had the patterns to purchase from them. I couldn't tell you when they bought them, or how many they bought. But it was a stand alone pattern that they had for purchase along with paying for the fabric kit and the class instructor fee.

I can say that the lqs I attend groups at has several patterns that are older and or oop, that the owner has acquired through years of being in business.

Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 01-18-2015 at 09:42 AM.