Old 01-19-2015, 06:14 AM
Beachbound

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
Thanks! My stash has dwindled down so low that I don't have much yardage at the moment, so this swap has worked out well for using up my scraps. Some unexpected dental bills last year, home repair bills, and bottle-raising a "surprise" newborn kitten that turned up literally beside our doorstep kind of messed up our play money, but I'll re-stock my stash soon.

Here are some photos of Quilt #1's pieces so far. My triangles are a little oversized, in case of "operator error". I always cut them a smidge too big anyway. I'll wait and see what the next step is before trimming them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506747[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506748[/ATTACH]

And here's the blocks they go with:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506749[/ATTACH]

Here's the kitten at 2 days old, in my husband's hand. He still had his umbilical cord and wasn't much bigger than a roll of quarters. His mom (apparently a stray) either abandoned him or something happened to her. The kitten was behind the bushes beside our front porch, crying his little heart out. Luckily I heard him. I watched through the window, and waited for hours, but the mom never showed back up. Hubby was at work, so, with great difficulty (I have a bad knee and use a wheelchair part of the time), I managed to climb in behind the bushes and retrieve him. Hubby checked as soon as he got home, but there was no sign of any other kittens. He's almost 6 months old now, and is doing great. Strong as an ox! (Pardon Hubby's lack-of-shirt. )

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506750[/ATTACH]

Pic from December. Look at the size of that paw!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506751[/ATTACH]
Oh MY!!! Your kitty is just as sweet as can be! And I am a dog person not a cat person but I can see how y'all just fell in love with him.

I LOVE your crumb blocks, almost enough to save some myself....maybe someday!