Old 01-20-2015, 06:23 AM
Noiseynana

Originally Posted by linda8450 View Post
My daughter-in-law's birthday required me to give her gift some thought. She is homeschooling my soon to be 11 yr old DGS. He has Asperger's Syndrome and doesn't do well in the the public school system. She deals with the same problems the teachers did, but she loves him, where the teachers just tolerated his outbursts and didn't de-escalate his meltdowns. She quit her job and devotes her time to making him successful. And it's working! She is awesome and I wanted to make something special to tell her that I appreciate her more than I can say.

I had the quilt top finished (minus the embroidered words) by Thanksgiving, but I got sick right after and went to the hospital for A-fib. I'm still not 100% but had to get the embroidery done, sometimes only 1 word per day as my strength would give out. Then a friend offered to long arm quilt it the week after Christmas. I got the binding on and hand stitched (did I mention I HATE hand work???) a few nights ago. Her birthday was Friday but I was babysitting Saturday night so they could go to dinner. That gave me a chance to take it to my guild meeting for show and tell! I am so pleased with it, But I can't tell you how happy she was! She has posted it on Facebook, along with my note, so I thought it was ok to share it here.
Not many women are blessed with two " mothers love " I pray that she and you are always this close. Eileene aka Noiseynana