View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 06:29 AM
shayarene

Default Help I was given a sewing machine BUT

hello everyone, I am in great hopes of acquiring some knowledge from all you experienced quilters. :-) I am learning so much and I have an old Brother portable machine and it doesn't do anything but sew forward and backwards. No fancy stitch seam allowance feet or lowering of presser foot, etc. Not sure I understand all that anyway. But now, someone that does sales for people, gave me a sewing machine and I have no clue anything about this machine. All I can find on it is this: Tailor Professional Stretch Stitch It has a LOT of buttons and knobs on it for all kinds of stitches. I am certain it is an older machine. Brand seems to be Tailor. It is in a white carry case, it wasn't stored too well, as the clasps on the case are all rusty, but the machine inside looks clean. I am a little intimidated by this machine also. LOL I don't know if I can learn all this fancy stuff. Does anyone have any suggestions or help with this? I don't want to seem ungrateful, but I am so used to my plain old machine. LOL I am just learning and I only taught myself to sew recently, nothing fancy going on here. But I would like to at least learn how to zigzag stitch now so I can make my daughter some nice mug rugs. :-)
Thank you all for any info you might be able to give to me.