View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 08:13 AM
Basketman

I am more a visual learner...and being fairly new to sewing plus being a guy, even when I take a class I am intimidated by the mountain of sewing someone other than myself can compress in mere minutes and to keep a class moving some of "us" less gifted at machine sewing, can sometimes get lost in the dust. I intellectually know that a class should be constructed to accommodate everyone, but at a local quilt shop these classes are frequently attended by several "regulars" and if it is a well respected "winning" guest instructor, it can become a feeding frenzy. You possibly get what I mean and no offense to those of you who patiently wait your turn. So what I find myself doing is just watching others, seeing what tips and tricks others expose, gather as much information on my Ipad as possible and go home and try to apply what I have seen and heard.

I guess my real question is where do you go/buy/rent to actually see techniques when it is not a class where you take your machine and sew. I will check out QNN but I would love to hear more and by your posting here... help others as well